High-strength bonding tape is a proven alternative to screws, rivets, welds, and other forms of mechanical fasteners. Unlike screws or rivets – which join materials at a single point – high-strength bonding tape permanently adheres one substrate to another while spreading the stress load across the entire length of the joint. Once materials are joined with 3M™ VHB™ Tape or other acrylic bonding tapes, a virtually indestructible “weld” is created. Signage, trailer panels, nameplates, and critical assembly all rely on high-strength bonding tape to complete one or more steps in the assembly process.
Over the years, our product line has expanded to include a vast range of products that are used in manufacturing, fabricating and assembly processes for bonding, as well as vibration and sound dampening. We supply products and solutions nationally to manufacturers in virtually every industry, and have experience working with a wide range of materials and applications in any environment. Whether you’re working in extreme temperatures, exposed to harsh UV rays or chemicals, or are operating in a moist or humid environment, we have the solution to make sure your manufacturing process goes smoothly.
Some typical projects include mounting applications that require a high bond using urethanes, acrylic foams and PVC. Our products are used to bond, laminate or mount challenging surfaces like metal, glass, plastic, foam, or other fabrics. Additionally, our products work in a range of environments, and can be permanent or removed easily and cleanly.
Some typical applications include:
- Masking surfaces for powder coating, electroplating and painting
- Replacing metal fasteners with adhesive tape to alleviate stress points and prevent rust and corrosion
- Bonding, laminating and mounting two similar or dissimilar substrates, highly textured surfaces and high- or low-surface energy material
- Gap filling, gasketing or sealing out moisture, air and sound
- Splicing, core starting and tabbing