Have you been unpleasantly surprised with your UPS and/or FedEx invoices since their DIM weight rating system went into effect on boxes 3 cubic feet and smaller?
If so, let us help you reduce the impact of this change. Potential solutions include:
- Boxes – changing to stronger, smaller dimension boxes – perhaps carrying a larger variety of sizes
- Inside the box – protective packaging alternatives, such as air bags, paper fill, packaging peanuts, honeycomb, bubble or foam wrap
- Outside the box – (carton closure/box unitization) – tapes, plastic banding, bundling film
- Shrink Bundlers or Horizontal Wrappers -to reduce box sizes
- Box alternatives – bundling, cold seal, mailers, polybags, tubes or laminated paperboard
Did you know that mailers, polybags and envelopes are exempt from DIM weight freight rates? Is one of these packaging methods feasible for some if not all of your products shipped?? If so, you could see significant freight savings. We offer bubble, kraft and poly mailers, plain and printed.
We can provide a packaging audit and make recommendations for your facility. Contact us to discuss specific options for your company to possibly reduce your shipping costs.
Feel free to comment and share below how the FedEx and UPS changes have affected your business.